EDUCATIONAL & ENGAGING ACTIVITIES FOR #BSHARPKIDS
JIMMY FALLON & THE ROOTS WITH STING
SINGING THE POLICE’S HIT “DON’T STAND SO CLOSE TO ME”
INTERESTING ARTICLES/VIDEOS ABOUT MUSIC
- The El Sistema Music Revolution: Jose Antonio Abreu
- How music saved Venezuela’s children
- El Sistema USA – A National Alliance of El Sistema Inspired Programs
- Time to embrace arts education as a priority
Music & the Brain
- Children’s Brains develop FASTER with Music Training
- What playing a musical instrument does to your BRAIN!
- This is your brain. This is your brain on music.
- Hearing The Music
- Music Makes You a Better Reader
- Music Lessons Were the Best Thing Your Parents Did For You
- Music Education Could Close the Achievement Gap
- What does the inside of your head look like when you sing?
- Music Education is the KEY to raising literacy and numeracy standards
- 10 Reasons Making Music is Good for your BRAIN
- National SAT Score Comparison (students in Fine Arts vs. students NOT in Fine Arts)
- String players’ brains
- Music & Language Skills
- Scientific reasons to teach music in schools
- How playing music changes the learning brain
- Music in the brain
Social & Emotional Behavior
- Boys Town Education Model
- Music spurs emotional/behavior growth
- What’s Grit?
- Five ways to teach GRIT
- Teaching through relationships
- Music education requires kids to invest in themselves
- Emotional learning is as important as the ABC’s
Benefits of Music
- Benefits of Playing Music
- The Benefits of Music Education
- Why Listening to Music is Good for your Health!
- Why children should be exposed to classical music…
- Long term benefits of music lessons
- 20 Important Benefits of Music in our Schools
- Music boosts auditory processing
- Music as a language
- Why MUSIC?
- Seven amazing things science has discovered about music
- Why making music matters!
- Why I’m glad I participated in my school’s music program!
Music Infusion / Arts in the Classroom
- Educators want to pair MATH and MUSIC
- Arts in the classroom
- Project Based Learning
- Expeditionary Learning
- Creating a learning community
- How integrating arts into other subjects makes learning come alive
Miscellaneous Music Musings
- Is Music the KEY to Success?
- New Research Shows Listening to Music Actually Alters Your GENES in Surprising Ways
- Conducting with Marin Alsop
- How to read music
- When to clap at the symphony
- An illuminated visualization of Bach’s The Well Tempered Clavier
- The Power of Music
- 10 reasons musicians are more successful
- Pipe Dream Animation
- Music instrument using 2000 marbles
- Starship Groove Animation
MUSIC GAMES & RESOURCES
- Classics for Kids
- Speed Note Reading Game from Vic Firth
- Music Tech Teacher – fun music games for everyone!
- Super Duper Note Name Game
- Ultimate list of online music games
- Chrome music lab
- Guess the animal represented by the music
- Kidzone – NY Phil
- Lines & Spaces Games
- Making Music Fun
- Piano Education Resource Guide
- Musical Playground for Kids!
- The Wide World of Music: An Interactive Guide to 100 Musical Instruments
B SHARP SOLO CONTEST LINKS
FOR WOODWINDS & BRASS:
CLICK HERE TO ACCESS THE KJOS MULTIMEDIA LIBRARY
Once there, follow these steps:
1 – Click on BAND
2 – Click on Festival Solos Book 1 for all wind solos except Rondeau. Click on Festival Solos Book 2 for Rondeau.
3 – Make your instrument selection and scroll down to find the appropriate solo
“MELODY” IN G
“SPRINGTIME WALTZ” IN G
“WOODEN SHOE DANCE” IN D
“CAPRICCIO” IN G
“DANCE SONG” IN C
“COUNTRY GARDENS” IN D
GRASSHOPPERS & POLLYWOGS
RECORDING COMING SOON!